Monday, September 13, 2010

Controversy solved: Mod Podge is the brand name for Modge Podge!





I got this article from Google and we all know... Google has all the answers!!! Skip down to the last paragraph if you want to get past the details. I added the blue, bold, italic font for a more dramatic effect (or is it affect?)!


Decoupage Supplies and Sealers at Discount Prices. Mod Podge GLOSS 8 oz. $3.87 each. Order 12 for just $2.99 each Regular price $4.49.

Gloss based sealer, glue and finish for all surfaces. Mod Podge® is the original all-in-one sealer, glue and finish. It's perfect for wood, paper, fabric, and other porous surfaces. Mod Podge® works great as a glue. This waterbased formula dries clear and holds tight. It will adhere paper, fabric and other porous materials. Mod Podge® is non-toxic and cleans up with just soap and water, so it's great for kids.

Anyone can decoupage! Coat your object with Mod Podge, then take a picture or pattern paper and press it down, being sure to smooth out all the air bubbles. Then add more Mod Podge- it seems you can never add to much - it dries clear.

You want to make sure you let each layer of Modge Podge dry thoroughly before adding more, otherwise it will cloud up on you. Dries clear and glossy.

7 comments:

Karlene said...

Whoever wrote that last paragraph clearly got caught up in the whole rhyming game (like so many on the planet do) because the rest of the article was pronounced correctly. An "A" for effort though Lis!! :D

Lisa said...

D'oh! You are probably right! =)

Grandma Robinson said...

Sorry folks, it is "Mod Pod".

Amy said...

Or Modge Pod.

Lori said...

Actually, in my mental research, I have searched back to the time when our ancestors invented the art of the covering of things with a sticky substance to preserve them; and the original term was... Modge Podge. End of story! Or, end of MY story. When you embrace truth, it will set you free. AHHHH... freedom!!!

Lori said...

Let's face it Karlene, you are not old enough to remember what it was called when it first came out. I am thrilled to tell you that I am. "Modge Podge" is the art or craft form, Mod Podge is the product this new generation of sticky stuff makers is calling the sticky stuff. So let it be written, so let it be known!

Grandma Robinson said...

and I'm even older. Actually I knew Mod quite well. She was quite creative. I think it was back in our Milwaukee days.