
I just finished CERT (citizen emergency response team) training. I learned more how to be more prepared for home and community emergencies. So my challenge for each family member is to make sure you have a fire extinguisher in your home. Also to keep a box of baking soda in the kitchen next to the stove. Any kitchen fires, especially oil and grease fires, need to be smothered. DO NOT ADD WATER. Review with your kids how kitchen fires need to be put out.
Okay, that is the challenge. Post a comment when you’ve completed the challenge. If anyone has any other tips, please post.Tom
2 comments:
I just put some baking soda in the cupboard near the stove. I'm half way there.
Love - Grandma
Ron & I just bought a bunch of small fire extinguishers at Costco and put one under the kitchen sinks, and one next to the computer. Thank you for the reminder of talking to the kids about the kitchen fires. They are at the age that they do a lot of cooking by themselves, so I am going to do that tomorrow.
Post a Comment