Saturday, September 10, 2011


Do you see a problem here? I have only tied a bow on a few packages. I am not a good bow tier. My mother used to pride herself on how good she could tie a bow. She said her grandmother (Martha Mary Ann Peck Yates) taught her how. My grandmother could also tie a great bow. When I was young it was popular to have a bow in your hair. Mine always looked darling. Even some of my friends mothers ask my mother how to tie a bow. She was happy to teach them. She also taught me but somehow I've failed!
I am making these little favors for everyone to take home with them on Sunday but I'm afraid some of you will have to tie your own bows.

2 comments:

Karlene said...

Well your daughters sure got the bow tying gene! They're pro! Guess it skips a generation! hehe

Grandma said...

This bow thing is kind of fun to think about. It goes back at least as far as my great-grandmother and she was probably taught by her mother, etc., etc., etc., Eve must had tied a great bow! There is only one way to tie it correctly and I can have Lori or Lisa teach you how. I taught them how but they "got it".