Replacing a zipper for me is like asking Lisa to color coordinate an outfit or Karlene to take pictures or Mary Jean to make Jello or Chuck to draw a picture or Amy to sing-it is no big deal!
Zippers are hateful little things and I would have suggested you just throw out the dress! Thank goodness Lori is willing to help. My daughters could also say, "My momma taught me nothing domestic." They have learned it on their own.
That is so untrue MOM! I agree that zippers are hateful little things and the dress needs to go, but you taught us a lot of domestic things. Okay, maybe not how to wash clothes (because you love it so much), but I was just thinking the other day how much you taught us.
Amy, I forgot to tell you to measure how long the zipper is, go to a fabric store and get one to replace the broken one. And, Mother, EVERYTHING I am, I owe to YOU and ... chocolate!!!!
Ok, ok, so the dress is special, very special, even a wedding dress! I still stay with my first comment -- "throw it out" rather than mess with a hateful little zipper!
I would actually LIKE a zipper in my temple/wedding dress! If you can believe it, it has BUTTONS down the back!! Where was my mom or the lady that made it for me when I picked out the pattern? I didn't know better! Sheesh! Oh! And NO POCKETS! Oh well. I still love it. And even though I can't fit into it anymore, I'm NOT throwing it out Mary!
17 comments:
Don't ask me. Ask grandma :) Or Lori, or Lisa!
It is just this simple! Bring it to Sunday dinner and I will replace it!
Isn't Lori the greatest! Seriously Lori, I admire you more than I can express!
Yippee!!! And I will learn... :-)
Replacing a zipper for me is like asking Lisa to color coordinate an outfit or Karlene to take pictures or Mary Jean to make Jello or Chuck to draw a picture or Amy to sing-it is no big deal!
Zippers are hateful little things and I would have suggested you just throw out the dress! Thank goodness Lori is willing to help. My daughters could also say, "My momma taught me nothing domestic." They have learned it on their own.
That is so untrue MOM! I agree that zippers are hateful little things and the dress needs to go, but you taught us a lot of domestic things. Okay, maybe not how to wash clothes (because you love it so much), but I was just thinking the other day how much you taught us.
I got married in that dress so there's no way it's gonna go! Ha ha. THANKS LORI!!! :-)
Amy, I forgot to tell you to measure how long the zipper is, go to a fabric store and get one to replace the broken one.
And, Mother, EVERYTHING I am, I owe to YOU and
... chocolate!!!!
Wow! Who knew a zipper would spark so much conversation! I love it!:)
Ok, ok, so the dress is special, very special, even a wedding dress! I still stay with my first comment -- "throw it out" rather than mess with a hateful little zipper!
Well, if you are determined to have a new zipper, be sure you purchase one that is not metal!
I wouldn't throw out the dress either but it would probably hang in the closet with a broken zipper for years.
Ha! I love this whole thread. Yeah- I will just bring the new zipper to dinner with us next week! What's on the menu anyway?? :-)
I would actually LIKE a zipper in my temple/wedding dress! If you can believe it, it has BUTTONS down the back!! Where was my mom or the lady that made it for me when I picked out the pattern? I didn't know better! Sheesh! Oh! And NO POCKETS! Oh well. I still love it. And even though I can't fit into it anymore, I'm NOT throwing it out Mary!
To answer Amy's question -- "whats for dinner?" Not sure yet, maybe enchiladas? Kristy loves them. And a belated birthday cake for Jacob.
Thanks for all of the kind words. Who would have thought a broken zipper would end up with praise for me?
Post a Comment