Tom was trying to help us sell our old paint and placed this ad on KSL.com along with some pictures of the paint and color, etc.
$180.00
15 gallons Fenland Green Kwal Ambassador Paint
Alpine, UT 84004 - Jul 19, 2010
Grandma wanted to paint the house. Grandpa didn't. Grandpa won for a change. So now they have 15 gallons of high quality paint they can't use. This is an exterior interior acrylic enamel paint. It is a very atrtractive Mossy green color called Fenland Green; very popular color. It's in a 2220 medium eggshell white base. The retail price is over $350. They are asking for $180 OBO for all 15 gallons. Call for a price if you only need 5 or 10 gallons. Call 801-492-9249 and ask for Grant or Mary.
I received a telephone call at 12:12 p.m. from a Laura Gilbertson. She asked if I would take $150.00 for the paint. I said, "Yes." Said she lives in Clearfield and would be here at 3:00 p.m. to make the purchase.
She said she felt bad that I couldn't use the paint. Told me not to give-up. I promised her that I wouldn't, and I won't.
She actually showed up! Paid in cash! And the best thing about all this is that I just remembered that I PAID FOR THE PAINT out of my inheritance money. So the $150.00 is all mine! Thanks Tom!
6 comments:
I'm so excited for you. Enjoy your winfall!
To celebrate, Mom has invited us all to her house for dinner August 1st!
We just got home from seeing the worst movie ever made!!!
I told Lisa that we will take her and Tom out for dinner to show appreciation for his getting our paint sold. She suggested we invite the rest of the family, have it a week from Sunday, and at our house. Great idea!
What was the WORST MOVIE EVER MADE? Something like Inception. Not sure of the name, I'm blocking it from my mind.
Great story! I am so happy we have Tom in the family to help with things like this! Way to go!!!
Well, I am 72 years old now, so a slip here and there can be excused. I had to delete the above message because I posted it to the wrong comments! I thought I was in the honey odyssey.
Post a Comment