Friday, January 15, 2010

TIP OF THE DAY

Wishing you had more/better/newer stuff?
We could use a new mattress but when I consider that it is better than what most people sleep on I appreciate it more.
Do you know that one fourth of the world's population live without electricity?
And one-half of the world's population has no running water in their house?
These statistics are hard to believe but I checked a few different sources on the internet and they all say about the same thing.
Our old mattress looks more like a bowl than a bed but when I consider the above statistics, it looks pretty dang good.
We are all greatly, greatly blessed.

3 comments:

Karlene said...

Especially watching what the Haiti people are going through. No home, no water, no bathroom let alone a mattress. No complaining :)

Lori said...

Go buy the mattress! If you get a good night sleep, then you feel better and can serve others and do more with your day than if you are tired! "Comfort, comfort, comfort"(Lucy Evans Robinson).

Tom and Lisa said...

You wouldn't turn off your electricity and water, you shouldn't be sleeping on an uncomfortable bed. Lisa and I bought a select comfort when we first married and still love it. each side adjust seperately. It will last the rest of your live and never sag. You spend 1/3 of your life in bed, you should be comfortable. You'll sleep better, so feel better when you wake up.