Well, my magnet is back on my car door near the handle. It is so hard to remember to check behind my car before moving it. The magnet is my reminder.
It is as difficult to acquire a good habit as it is to break a bad one!
In the last few days we have had two little two year olds run over by cars backing up. One in a church parking lot (amazingly he will be ok). The other one was in his own drive way and his aunt backed over him. He died.
I can't imagine the heartache and don't want any of us to go through it. So, try to acquire the habit of checking behind your car before moving it. It's a GOOD habit.
Love - Grandma
2 comments:
One of the best ways to eliminate this problem is to back into your spot.My best friends nephew was 15 months old when he was killed in his own driveway because the driver didn't see him and she had sensors on her Benz. His father was standing 3 feet away and didn't see him either. Myles was nearly hit because a lady came out of her garage too quickly. She saw me running and screaming to stop her. She was also relying on the sensors of her suburban to tell her if something was behind her, but they obviously didn't help.
These are our babies and Grandma is right. Please, please, please do the right thing and don't let this be a trial any of us need to endure.
I am definitely getting into the habit! I like the magnet idea! I'm getting them for ALL the cars. I want my teenage drivers to get into the habit now. I wondered why we are hearing of this so much now and I think we're all just in too big of a hurry all the time. And in a second, lives are changed forever. Great post grandma! (as usual) ;)
Post a Comment