Wednesday, June 3, 2009

SEGO LILIES


Yeah, our Sego Lilies are out!!! Numerous ones are in bloom. Just noticed them today. Hope everyone will take a walk in the back yard and enjoy seeing our State Flower. Joy!

Father's Day is coming up soon and Grant has requested "no gifts please". Praise, yes. Presents, no. Homemade cards are WONDERFUL!

Well, I have found one thing that is much harder to do than to break a bad habit. That's trying to create a good habit especially if it involves breaking an old habit to create the new one.

Sometime ago I suggested that we all work towards forming the habit of checking behind our cars before moving them. It is hard to remember to do this. What I've had to do is put a magnet on my car, just above the door handle to remind me. I see the magnet then check the back of the car. It only takes seconds.

I was happy to hear that Travis and Kristy have started doing this. Also they said that missionaries are instructed to do something similar. One missionary stands behind and at the side as the other missionary backs up the car. Great idea. This can't help but save lives and unimaginable heartache.

Primary Children's Hospital has been alerting the public with the slogan "Spot The Tot" (check the back of your car before moving it). Hope we all try to make this a habit. You will never regret it.

Now on to YELLOWSTONE. We will only meet together two more Sunday's before our trip. We won't be getting together on Sunday, July 5th (our regularly scheduled family dinner), because it's the day before we leave. We'll make plans this Sunday p.m.

Love – Grandma & Grandpa

P.S. Karlene I would love it if you can find a picture of a Sego Lilly. Love the pictures you've added, Thanks!

1 comment:

Karlene said...

ooooo..I'm going to come take some pictures!